Monday, March 24, 2014

My Marisota VIP Experience

Hello lovelies!
So last Saturday I had the opportunity to go to the Marisota pop up shop in central London thanks to a little competition over on Vicky's blog The Curved Opinion. The pop up shop was there to showcase tons of pieces from the Marisota collections. I have shopped at Marisota before but hadn't regularly because I really had it in my head that it wasn't exactly for me. Let me tell you, I was really wrong. I tried on pieces, with some help from the lovely Marisota staff and PR people and Mark Heyes too, that I never would have picked up on my own. I was so pleased with how lovely they looked on, how nice the fabrics were and how friendly the cuts were to both my figure and all the other women trying things on.


Here is my before underwear shot - no fancy pants or anything, just good old little me surrounded by 1 million dresses - now if only they were all mine.


This dress on the hanger really looked what I thought was to mature for me, but once on, I felt sophisticated and chic, and I am also totally in love with the pointy heels which I have never tried on before.
I've included a few shots of other cute shoes and a clutch that I adore too here.


The Print Kaftan Maxi dress does nothing for me in the catalogue/web photo but I absolutely am in love with it on and for us shorter girls, it won't drag on the ground! 
The red polka dot dress, although cute in photos actually doesn't fit me that well. The straps are very wide across and it has generous darts in the bust, so would be best for bigger busted and wider shoulders. It is a thick cotton fabric too, with a sturdy construction so not a flimsy jersey. (It's not online just yet.)


My favourite piece in this first outfit are the Tribal Print Jacquard trousers - they really fit well and were so comfortable. They looked great with flats and heels too - bonus!
Next up, the Monochrome Bird Print Jersey Swing Dress, which again looks so unexciting online but is an absolute dream in person. The fabric is so soft and flowey and falls off the bust so nicely. I love that I could wear it with leggings or tights and it just looks so cute.


My most favourite piece that I tried on was the Mark Heyes Chanel style Boucle tweed biker jacket. I first saw this on the amazing Rosie from A Rose Like This and I have been in love with it ever since. Now that I have tried it on I love it even more and here I am wearing it with a cute lacy nautical style striped top and black jeans, and my favourite pointy Catwalk heels again. 
I'm so pleased that I was able to go to the pop up shop because I tried on so many styles of dresses and trousers that I would never dream of trying on, but I feel like I want to expand my wardrobe in different ways now.
How exciting! Thanks again Marisota!

xxToodalooKatie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...